Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Un Village français

I'd been wanting to see it for some time.  Luckily, I know about Hola, which is an add-on that allows one to 'unblock' foreign websites.  The idea is to 'fool' the system into thinking the user is accessing the Internet in a country of your choice.  If you can achieve this little trick,  you can access that service in the country you're unblocking, if you have a NetFlix account, and watch the movies and TV shows that are offered by NetFlix specifically for that audience. 

Thus, I was able to access the entire first several seasons of Un village français, an intense and very well directed and acted dramatic series from France.  And I was pleasantly surprised.  It's a good old-fashioned epic of war-torn France--set in the fictional village of Villeneuve.  I had planned to just watch for a few seconds to see if it's something worth coming back to, but I ended up sitting at my laptop for almost an hour, totally mesmerized.  It's fast moving and very emotional and intense. 

Because of copyright protections, the series is not available on YouTube, but there are some trailers and samples there.  Here's one:




No comments:

Post a Comment